Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Waffle Window




Portland is really into food...served up all kinds of ways - from a cart, a trailer, a window, just to name a few. While Emily was visiting in November we thought we'd try out what's known as The Waffle Window. It's literally a window that's connected to an (overpriced) restaurant/cafe. The Waffle Window appears to be the cheaper venue but still allows for some experience of the actual cafe, because there is special, Waffle Window indoor seating in a small section of the cafe, clearly marked by it's red and white checkered tablecloth. You know, the plastic kind. Or, if it's not raining, you can enjoy your waffle from a picnic table outside.

But I digress...

The point of this blog post is to let you know how incredibly, completely, aboslutely HEAVENLY these waffles are. (ie: entice you with yet another reason to mosey on over to the pacific northwest for a visit)



As you can see in the above and below pictures, this aint your mamma's waffle. This also aint your typical breakfast waffle, though I know a few people who could probably stomach this for breakfast, but not me. I consider this a dessert waffle. And they have TONS of choices, with clever names to boot. I can't seem to remember what my favorite one is called, but it has dark chocolate, pears, raspberries, and fresh whipping cream. Ahhhh...are you salivating yet?



Until you come for a visit, Jackson and I will have to eat our waffle alone. (Steve's on the program...again). We've already made it a weekly ritual.

But we deserve it...because we (usually) walk there and back. And that's like a whole mile :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy. Can hardly wait to feast on one of those desserts!! I'll gladly walk 2 miles for one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we go there during girls day next weekend?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do they deliver? to michigan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew we should have tried it when i was there in Nov.!! I hope these places don't come and go quickly, or I may miss it in April!!

    ReplyDelete